Saturday, March 10, 2007

Busted without her makeup!



Don't get me wrong! She still looks great, but what a difference a high-dollar makeup artist and hair stylist makes! Of course, if I had her bankroll, I would hire the best in town also. She's young, talented and beautiful.... a triple threat.

Our local recreation department had baseball, softball and soccer leagues are cranking up for the new season here in town. They make it possible for people of all ages to participate. There are groups for 6-8 year olds, 9-10 year olds, 11-13 year olds, 14-17 year olds, men's baseball, women's softball and church leagues. Then there's the grandaddy of them all, the 40 years old and up league. Damn. I'm so old, if I wanted to play in an "organized sport", I'd be playing with them. Now, I do enjoy getting on the field and showing my know-it-all 10 year old a thing or two. (His jaw dropped when I showed him how to hit one over the fence!) But to know that I would be in "that" group!!! It just blows my mind!

Where did all those years go? One minute I was an irresponsible young adult with hardly a care other than to decide what club I was going to on Friday night. And now... now I find myself saddled with bills galore, a job that has become more frustrating as the days wear on, responsibility for making sure my family has food on the table and tons of yard work and house work! Oh what I could have done with the cash if I would have been lucky enough to win last Friday's Mega-Millions! Heck, even a fraction of that money would have been more than enough to make me happy!

Ah, well. One thing is for sure though, I would not want to go back and relive my youth. I DO have a precious son who means the world to me as well as a nice home (even though it works me to death!) I'm also fortunate in that I have a good (though frustrating) job that pays well and I am surely thankful that my family and I enjoy good health! Money isn't everything, and money can't buy happiness although I'm willing to bet it sure couldn't hurt!

So, I guess it wouldn't be so bad to play in the "40 years and older" league. At least I'm still capable of hitting and catching a stupid ball. But I have to draw the line at running the bases! Oh my poor knees! (Although they are feeling better since I have lost 40 pounds since December 6th, 2006! 30 more to go!)

By the way, that's Beyonce Knowles in the picture in case you haven't figured it out!

No comments: