Sunday, February 25, 2007

Spring!!!

First 2007 Crocus


My favorite time of year will shortly be upon us! Spring! There's nothing like a change in the weather to perk me up. Winter is so bleak here. All we get is cold, rainy days with some wind to boot. No snow here, so none of the fun that comes with it such as skiing, snowboarding, sledding, etc.

But spring has already begun to show its colors. Daffodils are blooming. Japanese magnolias have been blooming for about 2-3 weeks now. Temperatures in the 70's some days! Great weather for tennis and softball or anything you would want to do outdoors. Well, except for going to the beach or tubing down the Itchetucknee River. I need good hot days for that!

Along with spring, comes a new attitude for me. No more being stuck in the house for hours on end with an extremely bored child. It's time to get out and enjoy the weather and sights. I will be attempting this year to take some pictures of the area I live in to share with you all! So keep checking out my blog!

2 comments:

Mother Jones RN said...

Spring is the best time of year. I'm looking forward to viewing you pictures.

MJ

Pennsylvania Independent said...

It still feels like mid-January where I live.
Wednesday it is suppost to snow!!!