Saturday, February 17, 2007

Just a quickie....

It's been a long week here in the south. Joint Commission at one of the facilities I work at, following my patient naturally. Luckily, for me, he liked my charting and commented that it was concise and clear. Too bad the surgeon wrote MSO4 on the post-op orders for the floor.

The "other" facility I work at wasn't under the scrutiny of JC however, sometimes it can be unbearable with a few of the "strong" personalities that work in the department. Between a certain secretary who believes she owns the place along with the nurses that work in it and the attitude of a few of the nurses themselves, I have contemplated leaving this week.

That, in itself, is a shame. I enjoy working in PACU and normally I would not let someone run me out of a department, but I've had it. It's either them or me. I've heard that someone with "authority" is keeping an eye on the few that are making life difficult. And I guess I could stick around and see what happens, but I don't know that it's worth it.

Oh well. It's the weekend and I'm going to have some fun. Play some tennis, maybe some baseball. I'm definitely in the mood to put a few faces on some balls!

No comments: